Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Art Unraveled: The All-Stars

I had the pleasure of teaching at Art Unraveled last week in Phoenix, Arizona for the second time. I don't care what anybody says about it being a dry heat. When it is 110+ degrees, it is plenty uncomfortable! Happily, both the air conditioning and the creative fun of the retreat made staying inside for a week a great experience.

For me, one of the best things about teaching in a retreat setting is having a chance to connect with both students and other instructors. I was able to capture a few of the all-star artists that were teaching at this event and really enjoyed catching up with them.

Deryn Mentock, Diane Cook and Riki Schumacher

 Socrates

 Laurie Mika

 Michael deMeng and Andrea Matus deMeng

Kate Thompson

 Jen Cushman

 Leighanna Light and Thomas Ashman

 Don Strom and Jane LaFazio

 Jesse Reno

Eric Scott and David Modler

Danny Gregory - keynote speaker

I also saw but didn't get a picture of Juliana Coles, Joan Fullerton, Pamela Huntington, Amanda Jolley, Thomas Mann, Crystal Neubauer, Marie Otero, Lesley Riley, Lorri Scott, and Dina Wakley. Somehow I missed running into Ingrid Dijkers, Kelly Kilmer and Sandra Duran Wilson.

For those of you who have never had the opportunity to be a part of an art retreat, I hope that sharing this list of amazing artists and people tempt you to sign up soon!

6 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

You are blessed!!!
Thanks for the post.

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

You are so right... I lived in Phoenix and heat is heat! Looks like you had a great adventure. Thanks for sharing it with us. :-)

~*~Patty S said...

It has been awhile since I've been on an art retreat.
Really fun photos you've shared here Seth with quite a line up!
Every day of our hot and humid summer I am grateful for air conditioning.
How in the world did people cope back in the day without it!
oxo

Kelly Kilmer said...

HA! I always say the same thing when folks tell me, "It's a dry heat." Crazy people (and we've both lived on the East Coast. When it's 100+, it's HOT.)

Sorry I missed you. I checked out after my Saturday class and headed back home as I had an event to go to on Sunday. I was looking for you (and a few others, as well.) It sure looks like you had a GREAT time!! :)

Jo Murray said...

The mixed media all-stars...and you are one of them!

Unknown said...

Be still, my beating heart! An art retreat is on my bucket list!